1. What shrink ratios are available for shrink tube?
- We offer shrink tube with shrink ratios of 2:1 and 3:1.
2. What wire gauge sizes are available for shrink tube?
This varies by manufacturer/brand. Most sizes refer to the wire diameters, i.e. 1/8” or 3/16”. Examples:
- 1/8 is for 14-20 AWG
- 3/16” is for 10-16 AWG
- ¼” for 8-12 AWG
- 3/8” for 3-8 AWG
- ½” for 1-6 AWG
- ¾” for 4/0 – 1 AWG
- 1” is for 4/0 -400 mcm AWG
- Some manufacturers use flat widths, including 3/8”, 1/2”, 1”, and 2”. Another factor is the shrink ratios of 2:1 or 3:1. It is recommended to try a sample sleeve if unsure.
3. Do you offer coloured shrink tube cartridges?
- Yes, shrink tube can be purchased as cartridges in the colour of red, yellow, blue, green, white and black. The colours are size specific; ask a sales associate for details.
4. What forms of shrink tube can I order?
Printable shrink tube can come in a cartridge, pre-cut and fan-folded on cards, spools or rolls.
5. Up to what size labels are available to be printed?
- Custom made labels can be big enough to go around a bus. Most customers print labels with heights from 1/8″ up to 4″. The label length (or width) of most printers can be up to 4 feet long. Please contact a sales associate for specific details.
6. What label colours are available?
- It depends on the type of label material, but labels can come in any colour. The most common colours are red, orange, yellow, green, blue, purple, grey, brown, black, white and clear.
7. Can label content be printed in colour?
- Yes, labels can be printed with coloured text, images, logos, and symbols. Contact a sales associate for further information.
8. Do you offer labels that are chemical resistant?
Yes, we offer labels that can resist chemicals, weather, and UV fading. We also offer labels and tags that are tear-resistant. Please contact a sales associate for further details.
9. What types of surfaces do industrial labels adhere to?
- Labels will stick to most metals, plastics, and glass. Generally, labels will adhere to any surface that is not porous, does not expand and contract (e.g. wood, concrete). The surface must be clean and free of dust and grease. Contact a sales associate for further details.
10. How do you peel a label?
A few peeling tricks:
- Using the pad of your thumb, roll your thumb over the face of the label from the cut end. The face will often separate easier from the backing paper.
- Flick the corner and edge multiple times with your thumb. The face will often curl away from the paper backing.
- Use a cutter tool or knife to gently score and remove the backing paper.
11. How to change the text size on a K-Sun Bee3+ Printer?
- On a Bee3-EZ+: Press the yellow Size button (top RH corner) to change the text size (multiple times to get the desired size)
- On a Bee3 and Bee3-EZ:
- Type your message then hit Return, then add one space, press Return, etc. Your text will get smaller after each blank line
- Press the Style button (top RH corner), press Return. Arrow down to desired size, press Return, arrow down to “End” and press Return, press Return again.
- Visit this YouTube link to our video on how to change the size of both the Bee3 and Bee3-EZ: www.youtube.com/watch?v=E7_SpvgCTYQ.
12. How to change the text size on a K-Sun 2012XLST Printer?
- Type your label, press Return, add one space, press Return, etc. Your text will get smaller after each blank line.
- Press the Style button (top RH corner) and then on the “Lines” option, press Return, and then Return on the “1 line”. Arrow over to desired size, press Return, arrow down to “End” and press Return, press Return again.
- Visit this YouTube link to our video on how to change the size of both the Bee3 and Bee3-EZ: www.youtube.com/watch?v=E7_SpvgCTYQ. The steps to change the text size for the 2012XLST are the same as the Bee.
13. Why does my K-Sun Printer not cut?
There could be several fixes:
- Ensure the “Auto Cut” feature is ON.
- On Bee3 models, Press Shift & “Style “(Condition), arrow down to “Auto Cut”, press Return, then arrow left or right to toggle, press Return again.
- On Green Machine models, Press Shift & “Extra” (Setting), arrow down to “Auto Cut”, press Return, arrow to ON, press Return again.
- Check to see if there is any debris stuck in the cutter (open the lid and look where the label should exit). Remove with fingers or (gently) with tweezers, being careful not to damage the print-head.
- The cutter could be dirty. Take a cotton Q-tip dipped in isopropyl alcohol and clean the insides of the cutter mechanism.
- The blade could be worn out or broken. Test a few different types of material. Some materials are thicker than others. When the blade dulls it may not be able to cut. If so, submit the serial number of your unit to a sales or customer service rep to see if it is still under warranty. If no longer under warranty, purchasing a new printer is recommended.
14. How to replace the lid on my K-Sun 2012XLST Printer?
- We carry replacement lids in stock. Contact your sales representative and they will have one sent to you. The lid just snaps into place with the guides on each side of the lid. If the lid of your printer is not intact, your printer will not print.
15. How to increase the print darkness/density on my K-Sun 2012XLST Printer?
- Make sure the screen is clear by pressing Shift & Delete together, then choose “All”, press Return. Press Shift and Condition together, arrow down to “Density”, press Return, arrow down to “+3”, press Return.
16. How do I eliminate the waste on my K-Sun shrink tube printer?
- If you’re using the K-SUN Green Machine you have to adjust the margins: Press the grey “Edit” key (top RH corner). Arrow down to “Margin”, press Return, arrow up to the desired margin size (adjust down to 1mm), press Return.
17. Our company plans to use barcodes. Can your label printers print barcodes?
- Yes, most printers have the ability to print barcodes. We have some printers that can print up to 26 different barcode symbologies. Please contact a sales associate for further details.
18. Can we print images (such as a company logo) on a label from one of the printers?
- Yes, some printers that have preset images and some printers that can import images (such as a company logo) using software. Please contact a sales associate for further details.
19. Is there the capability to use pre-programmed templates for labels (such as for Arc flash labels)?
- Yes, we have printers that have software that include pre-programmed templates (with the ability to be edited). Some are 4×6 labels with the word “Danger” or “Warning” as headers from the factory. You can print your required information in the lower label body. Please contact a sales associate for further details.
20. What DPI (dots per inch) resolutions for printers are offered?
- Our most common printers are 200, 300, and 600 DPI.
21. What computer operating system(s) do your printers work with?
- All of our printers are compatible with the Windows operating system. We also have several printers that have the ability to work with the Mac operating system. Please contact a sales associate for further details.
22. Does it matter what type of ink I use with particular types of printing material?
- Yes it matters what type of ribbon (ink) used with the particular material being printed. For example, paper needs a wax ribbon, vinyl needs a resin ribbon. There are wax/resin combo ribbons too. If unknown, please contact a sales associate for further assistance.
23. Are materials of one brand interchangeable with other brands in different types of printers?
- It depends on the printer. We offer some printers where materials can be interchangeable and some printers that are brand specific. Please contact a sales associate for further details.
24. I don’t want to buy a printer. Do you offer custom printing services?
- Yes, please contact a sales associate for details.
25. Is there any type of warranty on the materials I am using?
- Yes, each situation is different so please contact a sales associate for further details.
26. How long do you guarantee your labels for?
- Dependent on the material that the label is made of (as well as ensuring proper application is followed), we will guarantee our vinyl product 11 years once applied outdoors.
27. Are there savings to be had if materials are ordered in bulk?
- Yes, there are some materials we will offer a discount based on bulk/project pricing. Please contact a sales associate for further details.
28. My company sometimes requires material and ink spec information. Do you have MSDS information available?
- Yes, MSDS data sheets are available. Please contact our sales or customer service representatives and this information can be sent to you.
29. We are a CSA approved shop. Do you have labels that are Agency approved?
- Yes. We have labels that are Military Grade and approved by agencies such as CSA, UL, ROHS.
30. What do I do if I have a question not listed here?
- Call us at 780-434-9152 or Toll Free at 1-800-268-7636 or shoot us an email
31. How does NMS use website visitor information?
- NMS uses visitor cookies in the following ways:
We use retargeting through various platforms (Google, Bing and other third-party vendors) to advertise this site. Sites across the Internet may show these ads.
We and these advertising platforms, use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookie) and third-party cookies (retargeting cookies) together to inform, optimize, and serve ads based on past visits to this website. You may opt out of seeing these ads by going into your browser settings and restricting acceptance of cookies.